The Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) on Monday finally granted approval to 14 additional colleges in the ANDHRA PRADESH state to conduct the six-year course in doctor of pharmacy (Pharma.D). Of the 55 colleges which had applied for approval and renewal, only 42 were allowed to proceed with the enrolments.
The notification for counselling for Pharma.D courses based on the EAMCET ranks is likely be issued in the first week of October. Only colleges conducting regular B.Pharma classes under section 12 of the PCI will be eligible to run the Pharma.D programme.
‘’We have not received the notification from PCI yet. The GOs may be issued in a week and a special counselling will be conducted for admission into the Pharma.D courses,” said EAMCET camp officer Dr K Raghunath Rao.
Following the uniform fee structure being implemented this year, the course fee has been fixed at Rs 68,000 per annum for both category A and B seats. The enrolments in each of the colleges are fixed at 60 each year, and around 1,680 seats are kept on offer.
Apart from the Pharma.D course, the admissions into the four-year B. Pharma course have been positive this year. “The demand for pharmacy courses among BPC students has been higher this year, and the seats in B.Pharma course for BPC stream have already been filled in the first phase of counselling. The regulation on the number of seats in AP and the directions to the state government to regulate the intake at a maximum of 100 students for colleges older than four years has put pharma education back on track,” observed Dr K Ramadas, general secretary of the Andhra Pradesh Pharmacy College Management Association (APPCMA).
The PCI had blacklisted 37 colleges from AP earlier this year for giving excess admissions in violation of the prescribed guidelines. The regulated intake is likely to result in fewer vacancies this year. Of the 100 seats in established colleges, 35 are reserved for students from BPC stream, 35 for MPC and 30 seats fall under the management quota or category B. The total number of colleges offering the course is 286. “The MPC students usually do not prefer the pharmacy courses, and a maximum of 5 percent admissions may be done in the second phase. The seats reserved for engineering students will also be rolled back for BPC students to fill the seats,” said the general secretary of APPCMA. Only 276 BPC seats of the total 8324 remained unfilled at the conclusion of the first phase of admissions.
1. AU College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam
2. Smt. Sarojini Ramulamma College of Pharmacy, Seshadrinagar, Mahabubnagar.
3. Raghavendra Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research, Cheyyedu, Anantapur.
4. Deccan School of Pharmacy, Zafargarh, P.O. Kanchanbagh, Hyderabad.
5. Talla Padmavathi College of Pharmacy, Orus-Kareemabad, Waranga.
6. Bharat Institute of Technology, Mangalpalli (Vill), Ibrahimpatnam (Mandal), R.R. Dist.
7. St. Peter's Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vidyanagar, Hanumakonda.
8. Sri Venkateshwara College of Pharmacy, Hitech City Road, Madhapur, Hyderabad.
9. GIET School of Pharmacy, Chaitanya Nagar, Rajahmundry, EG District.
10. Malla Reddy College of Pharmacy, Maisammaguda, Dhullapally, Secunderabad.
11. Vaagdevi College of Pharmacy, Ramnagar, Hanmakonda, Warangal.
12. P. Rami Reddy Memorial College of Pharmacy, Prakruthi Nagar, Utukur, Kadapa.
13. Chalapathi Institute of Pharmaceutical Science, Chalapathi Nagar, Lam, Guntur.
14. Annamacharya College of Pharmacy, New Boyanpalli, Rajampet, Kadapa Distt.
15. KVSR Siddhartha College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Siddhartha Nagar, Vijayawada.
16. Malla Reddy Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Masiammaguda, Secunderabad.
17. A.M. Reddy Memorial College of Pharmacy, Narasaraopet (Md), Guntur.
18. Aditya Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research, Peddapuram, E G Dist.
19. MESCO College of Pharmacy, Hyderabad
20. A.S.N. Pharmacy College, Burripalem Road, Nelapadu, Tenali, Guntur.
21. CMR College of Pharmacy, Kandlakoya, Medchal Road, Hyderabad.
22. G. Pulla Reddy College of Pharmacy, Mehdipatnam, Hyderabad.
23. Sri Padmavathi School of Pharmacy, Tiruchanoor, Tirupathi, Chittoordt.
24. Shri Vishnu College Of Pharmacy, Vishnupur, Bhimavaram,West Godavari Dist
25. Lalitha College of Pharmacy Venkatapur, Ghatkesar, R.R. Distt.
26. Care College of Pharmacy, Oglapur, Atmakur, Distt. Warangal
27. Vagadevi Institute of Pharmaceutical Science, Bollikunta Village Warangal.
28. Creative Educational Societys, College of pharmacy, Chinnatekur Kurnool.
29. Chebrolu Hanumaiah Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chowdavaram, Guntur.
30. Shree Dattha Institute of Pharmacy, Ibrahimpatnam (M), R.R. Dist
31. Vikas College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Rayanigudem (V) Suryapet Nalgonda Dist.
32. Browns College of Pharmacy, Ammapalem, Konijerla (Mdl), Khammam Dist.
33. Narasaraopeta Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Narasaraopet, Guntur Dist
34. Sri Venkateswara College of Pharmacy, R.V.S. Nagar, Tirupati Raod, Chittoor
35. MLR Institute of Pharmacy, Dundigal (V), Quthubullapur (M), R.R. Dist
36. KLR Pharmacy College, Behind Contractor Colony, Paloncha
37. Sri Indu Institute of Pharmacy, Sheriguda Village, Ranga Reddy Dist.
38. Vikas Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nidigatla Road, East Godavari Dist.
39. Pulla Reddy Institute of Pharmacy, Annaram, Narsapur Raod, Dist. Medak.
40. C.M. College of Pharmacy, Maisammaguda, Hakimpet, Secunderabad.
41. Navbharat Institute of Pharmaceutical & Medical Sciences, Ibrahimpatnam , R.R. Dist.
42. Seven Hills College of Pharmacy, Venkatramapuram, Tirupati.
43. MNR College of Pharmacy, MNR Nagar, Sangareddy Distt. Medak.
44. Avanthi Institute of Pharmaceutical Science, Cherukupally Village, Vizianagaram.
45. Sree Vidyanikethan College of Pharmacy, A. Rangampet, Chandragiri.
46. Bhaskara Pharmacy College, Yenkapally Moinabad, R.R. Dist.
Pharm–D counselling notification will be updated soon.